Canberra Business And Technology College
Write a health and safety policy and procedure explaining how to promote a safe, healthy and secure environment for the children in your care.
To fully meet this task your policy must include:
1. How you will provide a balanced approached to risk management considering a child’s age, needs and abilities. Avoiding excessive risk taking / not being excessively risk averse/ recognizing the importance of risk and challenge to a child’s development.
2. Explain levels of supervision. Explain the requirement to have a first aid qualification. and public liability insurance.
3. Explain your sick child and medication policy for responding to children who are ill or infectious. How you will take the necessary steps to prevent the spread of infection, and take appropriate action when children are ill. Include storage of medication / administration of medication Which medicines will be accepted (for example prescribed only)? Packaging and labelling, record keeping with regard to medication (in line with EYFS). Exclusion periods.
4. Explain your hygiene procedures
5. Procedures for preparing formula feeds must be in line with NHS guidelines. Explain how different foods are stored. Fridge / freezer temperatures and how these will be checked. Dates on food. Understanding of how you will be registered as a food business.
Include reference to hand washing, vet records if relevant to the setting.
6. Explain your emergency plan, including how Keeping and maintaining the first aid box. It must include prior written consent for emergency treatment, back up adults and arrangements for other adults authorised to collect the child. Explain what records you will need to keep.
Explain your procedure in the event a child is:
Explain the requirements for notifying Ofsted/LADO/Health. Explain your emergency evacuation procedure, how often will it be practiced?
Disclaimer: The reference papers offered by Learn With Fraternity Pvt Ltd. act as sample papers for students and are not to be presented as it is. These papers are only meant to be utilized for study and reference purposes.