Assessment Task 1
Prepare and Present Organisational Mission, Vision, and Values
Task A – Draft
Introduction to the Organisation
The core values will help in underpin the mission because of the following reasons:
Task C – Reflection Report
Table of Contents
The presence and Direction of a leader is important in conveying and establishing the mission and vision of the company. Presenting in a classroom context is always easier because of the familiarity with the audience. While giving my presentation, I was confident to be able to deliver the presentation in front of the classmates and my assessor, who has always been very supportive and helped me learn a lot during the course, and also by giving me the critical evaluation for improving myself for the next time I deliver a presentation. As a leader, I feel it is essential to be able to connect with your audience, along with encouraging the audience to provide input and suggestions for an interactive session (Genç, 2019). However, I feel if it were an areal situation I might have been a bit nervous to speak in front of the employees, but I also feel that I would have been able to deliver the presentation with the same enthusiasm for the love of my work and my company.
The abilities of active listening, explanation, and analysis can be of assistance, however, I have learned that the professional communicator must always be mindful of and able to avoid and resolve the barriers to successful communication. There are many communication barriers, which can happen at any time in the communication process. Communication barriers can distort our message and therefore, by causing confusion and misunderstanding, we risk wasting both time and/or money (Jureddi & Brahmaiah, 2016). Few barriers are:
1. A communication barrier may be language and linguistic ability. For example, an audience who is not familiar with the terminology used will not understand the message leading to the communication gap.
2. How the message is sent, received, and perceived will be influenced by the psychological condition of the speaker. For example, if anyone is under stress, they can think about personal issues and not be so open to the message as they would if not under stress.
3. Physiological communication barriers can result from the physical condition of the listener. for example, where there is substantial background noise, the meaning of a conversation cannot be adequately heard by a receiver with impaired hearing.
4. There may be systemic barriers to communication in organizations and institutions where information systems and communications networks are ineffective or insufficient, or where the functions and obligations of communications are not established.
5. Attitude barriers are behaviors or attitudes which prevent people from effectively communicating.
According to me, for effective communication removing the potential communication barriers is essential (Fandrejewska & Wasilik, 2018). The following steps can help in overcoming the communication barriers:
1. The individual who sends the message should be very specific on what he wants to convey.
2. The communicator should disperse the information keeping in mind the audience to whom the information is being shared.
3. Sharing the thoughts with concerned people can help in improving the communications.
4. The speaker should keep in mind their language and tone while addressing the audience. It should not give any other message other than what the speaker intends to deliver and should not hurt the feelings of the listener.
5. The speaker should deliver the message keeping in mind the need and interest of the receiver.
6. The speaker should be consistent in the message and should not deviate from the topic.
7. The speaker should thoroughly understand the speech and should not speak contradicting points to his speech.
8. The speaker should be open to suggestions and feedback as it would help him or her be an efficient speaker next time.
9. The listener and the speaker need to be good active listeners for receiving the message correctly.
10. The speaker should consider the psychological and physiological state of the audience before delivering his or her message.
Feedback is an integral aspect of the expertise of every leader. I believe, Productive feedback is a strong tool that promotes good environmental performance, improves productivity, and involves improving results. I think the feedback received from the audience would help me deliver better, clear, and transparent communication to the audience next time. It would also help me avoid mistakes and form better relationships with the listeners in the actual scenario. Additionally, I have also learned that productive feedback motivates people and boosts their performance. Thus, I am sure it would help me too in future presentations.
Therefore, overall I can say that, giving the presentation was an enriching experience, as it enhanced my confidence in speaking in front of the public. And receiving the feedback helped me understand the shortcomings in my speech. And at last, I have understood that being an effective communicator is important for a leader to be able to effectively communicate with the team and ensure that the information is perceived correctly as intended by the speaker.
Genç, R. (2017). The importance of communication in sustainability & sustainable strategies. Procedia Manufacturing, 8, 511-516.
Jureddi, D. N., & Brahmaiah, N. (2016). Barriers to effective communication. Journal of English Language and Literature, 3(2), 114-115.
Fandrejewska, A., & Wasilik, K. (2018). Cultural differences and barriers in communication and functioning of an international organisation. Handel Wewn?trzny, (1 (372)), 203-215.
Dissertation- “My wound healing efficacy dissertation turned out just excellent with the extreme level of proficiency. I did not expect online writers to do such a scrupulous job. The content was precise, scientific, and thoughtful. Likewise, the sources were cited according to APA standards. I could not have been happier. I entrust my success to the dissertation professionals of Thestudenthelpline and recommend everyone for the same.” - Evelyn
Assignment writing- "I never expected my first year to be that hard, and I panicked when I saw so many papers assigned to me. In spite of being a diligent student, I ordered this one assignment due to a lack of time to 'Thestudenthelpline'. I got my essay written according to almost all the instructions directed to the website. The writer did it well. Moreover, the price was not expensive either. I will use this service again if necessary." - Harper, a psychology freshman
Essay writing "I ordered a 3-page essay on comparative analysis from Thestudenthelpline. Though the comparative analysis is not easy, it did not count as complex. The essay writers are very patient and open to customer views. Because of the cooperative writers, I was able to deliver my essay way before the deadline. The essay was structured with the proper sentence skills and had all the necessary sources, cited according to the rules. You can definitely place your order here if you need qualified assistance." - Aubrey"
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.